Skip to content
On the Significance of Scripture Study
On Church Leadership Challenges
- Austin-Young, Kira, “If Your preacher Doesn’t Preach About [Insert Item], You Should Walk Out” (Ministry Matters) ~ should current events truly hijack your sermon?
- Ball, Courtney, “This Program will Save Your Church” (Ministry Matters) ~ on the seductive quest for the “silver bullet” ministry program
- Condon, Sarah, “When People Tell Me It’s Hard to Find a Church” (Mockingbird)
- Stanton, Allen, “What Small Churches Can Teach Us About Discipleship” (Ministry Matters)
- Zscheile, Dwight, “Will the ELCA be Gone in 30 Years?” (Faith Life) ~ on the pressing importance of nurturing basic discipleship and community engagement amid widespread cultural and ecclesial changes
On Gender Matters and Ministry
- Knoll, Benjamin, and Cammi Jo Bolin, “Ten Things to Know about Women’s Ordination in the United States” (Oxford University Press Blog) ~ by the authors of She Preached the Word: Women’s Ordination in Modern America (2018)
- Johnson, Jill M., “Christians and Gender Neutral Pronouns” (Ministry Matters) ~ a basic and helpful introduction to why clarifying gender pronouns matters.
- North Carolina Synod of the ELCA, “Seriously: Actual Things Said to Female Pastors in the North Carolina Synod,” (2018)
- Riess, Jana, “It’s Good for Girls to Have Clergywomen, Study Shows,” Religion News Service
- Simon-Peter, Rebekah, “Women, Leadership, and the B-Word” (Ministry Matters) ~ on connotations of strong female leadership